Included : Study Guides, Chapter tests, Podcasts, Terms and Concepts for All the Chapters, Case Studies And White Papers
ITIL® Foundation Course
ITIL is the most widely accepted approach to IT service management in the world. ITIL provides a cohesive set of best practice, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally.
IT Service Management (ITSM) derives enormous benefits from a best practice approach. Because ITSM is driven both by technology and the huge range of organisational environments in which it operates, it is in a state of constant evolution. Best practice, based on expert advice and input from ITIL users is both current and practical, combining the latest thinking with sound, common sense guidance.
This course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services. It is accredited by, and follows the syllabus specified by AXELOS.
The ITIL® Foundation course culminates in an optional one-hour multiple-choice examination for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL that leads to the ITIL Diploma in IT Service Management.
The ITIL® Framework is a source of good practice in service management. ITIL® is used by organisations world-wide to establish and improve capabilities in service management. Service Management is a set of specialised organisational capabilities for providing value to customers in the form of services. The capabilities take the form of functions and processes for managing services over a lifecycle, with specializations in strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual improvement. The capabilities represent a service organisation’s capacity, competency, and confidence for action. The act of transforming resources into valuable services is at the core of service management. Without these capabilities, a service organisation is merely a bundle of resources that by itself has relatively low intrinsic value for customers.
More information can be found at the website: http://www.axelos.com/officialsite.asp
The purpose of the ITIL® Foundation certificate in IT Service Management is to obtain knowledge of the ITIL terminology, structure and basic concepts and to comprehend the core principles of ITIL practices for Service Management. The course covers the five core volumes which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those five core volumes are:
- Service Strategy: provides guidance on how to design, develop, and implement service management. It ensures that the overall business aims and strategy is supported by the IT organisations aims and strategy.
- Service Design:provides guidance on the design of new or changed services for introduction into the live environment.
- Service Transition:provides guidance on managing change along with risk and quality whilst ensuring IT Operations can manage those changes within the context of the ICT Infrastructure.
- Service Operation: provides guidance on the day to day management of the ICT Infrastructure. It is also contributes to the Service Management Lifecycle for carrying out those processes which contribute to the optimisation of the services provided.
- Continual Service Improvement: looks at the Service Management Lifecycle. It identifies opportunities for improvements in the efficiency, effectiveness of the processes and optimisation of the costs associated with service provision.